Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Reflections for my first real day as a blogger

today marks a milestone for me......although I set my blog up yesterday with the help of an expert......today, I am on my own........so many issues, so many thoughts.....what should I speak to today.........Since I just got back from exercising for a couple hours at the gym and am feeling energized.....I am also very thoughtful......whenever I go to the gym, I come in contact with so many women who have been exercise followers of mine for so many years......this November will mark 30 years since I began teaching at the Shades Valley Y......what a journey this has been for me......from insecure young woman who was literally pushed into teaching a class....to a "me" that I sometimes still don't recognize.......my confidence......my pride in what I have given to others.....the skills which I have given to women in order to enrich their health, their self-esteem, and their overall body image.....I no longer downplay my role....I am not "just" an exercise teacher and personal trainer.......I am giving the gift of overall health and well-being.......I motivate them.....in turn, THEY give SO MUCH BACK TO ME..........I am eternally grateful to every woman who has allowed me to develop the skills that I continually practice and am continuing to learn........I think I'm a very lucky woman to attempt to give the gift of health to anyone who will listen to me..........
Thanks for listening....Have a great day.......Love, Abby

1 comment:

peggy said...

I loved hearing such self confidence in your words...I'm glad you are finally seeing in yourself what others have always seen in you.....Sissy is a blogger...hooray
love pru