Tuesday, October 16, 2007

the positives and negatives of therapy (any kind)

Yesterday was a therapy day for me.....I was scheduled with my "head" doctor and my neck physical therapy....Upon waking yesterday morning, I knew I couldn't do both, so I opted for mental health therapy......good choice.....I really like my therapist, easy to talk to.....helps to keep me on the straight and narrow path (or at least she tries to....) and gives me a neutral forum to voice thoughts and decisions I am trying to formulate......she not only embraced my decision to market myself as a "fitness consultant", but offers her help to help to network me with people other than who I generally encounter........
As we discussed the futilities of physical therapy, she recommends an acupuncturist who and a pain management doctor (no pills) who might offer alternative ways to manage my neck pain.....she looks up the numbers for me.....I leave therapy newly energized and in a "better place"........
Then off to the store to purchase ingredients for chicken soup.....Gary is coming home this afternoon and a long six days in Prague....and has a bad cold/sinus whatever.....I carefully prepare the soup only to let it boil a little too long, so there is very little broth, but what is there, is rich and when he came home last night, he ate two bowls and went straight to bed......I'm talking 6:30......very unusual for Gary, but I didn't want him to be unaccompanied, so I tucked myself in as well...needless to say, I didn't make it through the night.........a combination of his coughing spells and my sleeping plenty by midnight, I went upstairs and got a little more sleep.......I arose at 4:30 and got online and am waiting for the paper to come......I get personally trained this morning, the termite man is coming and I have errands which need to get done.......my girls' getaway is coming soon and I want to buy some things to take to the lake.......I want to call the acupuncturist. Dr. Chen today.....uh-oh, am i setting myself up for failure by writing too many things on my list.....I'll redo the list and prioritize........good start for the long day ahead......

No comments: