Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Teaching An Old Dog New Tricks Is Never Easy!

I went to my volunteer job at the temple yesterday and what I realized is that I am certainly helping them do tasks which have to be repeatedly done and are important, but really don't require too much brainpower......."or so they thought"........little did they know that so many things that I am doing on the computer are monumental advances for me and only yesterday did I realize that I am learning so much......don't get me wrong.......my knowledge is "relative" and I am still low on the totem pole, but I saw progress yesterday.....I am learning to be a little more independent and not always running to Marianne when I am stuck....I do a little experimentation.....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....but at least I am willing to try.....Frustration is certainly part of my learning curve as more than one time the Executive Director asked me "if everything was all right" as I muttered under my breath when the font magically changed on me"........that's okay....patience has never been my strong point and my recognition of "improving a little" was wonderful for me.....sometimes I wished I worked on consecutive days so that I could have a continuum of learning, instead of waiting three days and having the first hour of my being there a little "fuzzy"........but there's that word "patience" again.....take a deep breath.......get help when you need to, but try to figure it out yourself.....I left four hours later feeling good. I might even do a little work on the computer before I go back on Thursday, so I feel more comfortable from the start.....Breathe in.....big exhale out......Relax......
Speaking of "relaxation", the cd that I ordered on "Relaxing into Greatness" is on back order....I found that out only by going online to the site.....I might have to get another cd until this one comes in.....I can only be "patient" for so long.....baby steps........visualization, going to that place which is comfortable....and I don't mean my bed......I think I have my old hypnosis tape which I might play today......I'll let you know how that goes......

No comments: