Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend News Report...

A quick trip to St. Louis, short but meaningful visits with family.....a 90th birthday celebration and the awaiting of a new baby in June......my emotions ran the entire spectrum.....for Gary's mom's birthday celebration, I tried not to be too melancholy......but searched for the joy in it......spirits were high and smiles were rampant at this milestone celebration......I got to see my sister with her whole family in town and it was so nice...... It was wonderful to be able to share her joy with her granddaughter, Sabrina, a nineteen month old cutie......she kept us all amused....and also with my niece, Jami, who is expecting a baby in June......how could the "baby" of the family be having a baby? She's 30.......it's okay....it's so joyouos. 30 hours..........9 spent sleeping, but we managed to spend so much quality time together. It made me miss my boys and girls and babies....but my day will be coming soon.....it was wonderful for me to see Peggy's joy......
Another week begins today and I am headed to the temple to do some volunteer work. The pleasure I am receiving from my few hours spent there is so heartwarming and meaningful.......my goal is to take a deep breath for the next four weeks and enjoy everything and everyone around me, because February 18 (besides being Gary's 60th) marks the start of some heavy duty travelling for me......and in case I didn't mention, this is not just "regular" travelling...it is to be with my children and grandchildren, from the warm beaches of Costa Rica to the slopes of Beaver Creek......well, I won't be on the slopes......but in the condo drinking hot chocolate! Just to be able to spend this time together is a blessing.....I am going to try not to rush the next four weeks away quickly....I am trying so hard to "be in the moment".......I'll let you know how it's working.........until then, it's nice to be back....

No comments: