Tuesday, January 29, 2008

EVERYTHING IS CALM?????

When I pondered on what to write about today, one "constant" continued to pop up in my mind.......and that is my "journey to calm"......my journey to "be in the moment", to be "true to myself", "stop the merry-go-round", etc....etc.......I am faced with the truth that I turned to this journey initially just as a therapy for my every-tightening back and neck muscles, but what I am daily discovering is that what I really have to do is go for a slow, but sure mindful transition on the way I live my life, the way that I approach my daily activities, actions must speak louder than words.....I must not only say it....I must believe it and live it.....this is certainly not something which is going to automatically happen....this is no "push the magic button" and it will be all right. This is forcing myself to be in a mindful and conscious state as much as possible.....this is putting down on my calendar at least 30 minutes a day for my meditation....it has to be the most important part of my day for it can set the tone for how I handle everything else. I love the "exercise" part of my day, but even as I exercise, I am attempting more serenity and less intensity, not in movement, but in mind and spirit.......my forty-five minute workout was intense in effort, but done with a conscious effort to stay in a good place, learning how to isolate the intensity of my working muscles from the racing of my mind or the tightening of my upper back muscles. Because I don't have any other morning obligations until ll:00, as soon as I finish my blog, I am going to put in my Relax into Greatness CD which I finally got yesterday......I will attempt to lay still for 30 minutes and listen as I am guided, not trying too hard, but just listening and learning to surrender to the moment.......next week I have a private lesson to learn some yoga moves to learn how mindful breathing connected with yoga positions can be healing to my body and my mind.....
I am excited about the journey, but my main concern, is to take the behaviors of my past, and replace them with new ones.....and stop worrying about the way I was, and concentrate on the "now"....quite a big undertaking, but in my heart, I know it is a worthwhile one.....I'm off to meditate........take a deep breath and come along with me....

No comments: