Sunday, January 4, 2009

NEW BEGINNINGS

As I checked my last post, I saw that it was last January. It dealt with my attempt at changing some behaviors... Living in the moment, finding a kinder and gentler me, accepting things I cannot change, not overreacting to things I cannot change, etc. ad nauseum. The ad nauseum appears because it has been a full year and I have not really changed at all in any signifcant way. As I enter my 62nd year, I feel more of an urgency to keep myself more grounded.......not extraordinardy highs and deep lows......just a comfy spot in the middle.......I am cognizant of the fact that life is bound to throw things at us to which we must respond. Maybe I need to think for just a moment or two before I respond. I always got "needs improvement" in elementary school on "thinking before speaking"........no need to scold myself for things past.......just to think of today and all of the things I have to be thankful for.....Day by day is my new goal, or maybe even, hour by hour......I think that's the ticket......Hope to see some small changes and more "in the moment" times so that I can truly appreciate everything that I have been given.....Step number one...Take a deep breath.......don't forget to exhale......

No comments: