Wednesday, May 30, 2007

THE BATTLE WITH CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

I wake up this Wednesday morning with a renewed sense of determination after two days of aggressive chocolate eating....now before you get any grandiose ideas.....I am not talking "Lady Godiva" here......we're talking "Weight Watcher Drumsticks".....I have been watching my weight the last month or so......fortunately I have been watching it slowly go down.........a fact of life is, the older you are, the harder it is to drop a pound....aargh.....sorry for the digression.....anyway, I have been so good and started some very good habits of eating very slowly.....savoring the moment, so to say.....a favorite adage of the Weight Watchers organization.......my exercise level has been consistent and my weight has finally gone down a few pounds.....the last two days, my enemy has been the dreaded WW (weight watchers) chocolate drumstick........one serving is two points, and I have learned to enjoy these 100 calories as if it was Lady Godiva....one sated me just fine......but the last two days.....I have consumed four of these bars each day.......talk about a "fall off the wagon moment"..........today is the day that I must once again fight my "demons" and be the winner........with as much fortitude as I can muster, I will tape up the box of drumsticks after I take one, making it more difficult for me to reopen the package......I will drink more water today....I will eat an extra apple instead of an extra bar. these past few weeks of new explorations and taking some challenges have given me the willpower I know I will use today........stay tuned later for my evening post and I'll let you know who wins....meanwhile I am going to the gym for my cardio and then a 9:30 pilates class.......Watch out my chocolate friend.......it's a faceoff again today......Maybe I'll put on my water belt as well and run off those FOUR BARS OF DELIGHT!!!!!

No comments: