Thursday, May 24, 2007

WHIRLWIND TRIPS.......HOME, SWEET HOME

Whew.......not really sure where to begin.....since I last blogged, I have been to Chicago, St. Louis and Costa Rica......I'll start with Chicago.....what can I say? My sister, Peggy, joined Gary and I in Chicago, and while Gary had meetings, Peggy lead me on a speed walk of shopping non-stop.....including downtown Chicago and Highland Park (very sheshe(sp?) children's clothes.....sidewalk sales and Peggy's beautiful grandchild, Sabrina Reese.....what a doll....I hadn't had the opportunity to see her in person since last September, so it was wonderful to share this experience with Peggy......many purchases later, we all flew back to St. Louis to meet Jerry and spend Mother's Day weekend....Gary got to see his mom at the nursing home......so sad....she has so much inner strength in her.....I am a basket case just spending a few hours there.....a true reflection on how some people live out their older years......we all went to the cemetery on Sunday and had some good conversations with my mom.....if ever there was a present that she would have loved, it would be Peggy and I rebonding in a more special way than ever........we told my father to make sure he was taking good care of her and that they were in our thoughts always......a good cathartic cry was had by all.........their lives shall live on through our good thoughts and deeds......good thoughts to live by....went to an art show while we were there.....the four of us had a wonderful time......Gary went back to Chicago and I flew back to Birmingham for two days to repack my bags and head to Atlanta where Corey and I flew to Costa Rica for six of the quickest days I have ever spent.......first and most importantly, Liana and Maya are gorgeous and getting way too big and also very independent.......Still both four months short of being three years old, I get very melancholy when I watch them.......where has the time gone? If I could, I would freeze time NOW...........Maya speaks a lot of Spanglish and Liana, a little less, but Scott is really emphasizing his English to her.........I feel a little distant this time......many people in from out of town.....had to share my girls with a lot of people......so I was very reflective and just took in everything that I could.....Liana with her floaties swimming with Scott and learning to put her face under the water, and Maya......swimming like a shark (to quote her)......both very prissy.......Liana.....very girly......Maya, a combo of prissy and tomboy! Watching Maya grab hold of Liana's hand and insisting that they play.... I am so lucky....didn't bring a camera down and I am in big trouble with some people back in Birmingham....but I will be going back soon, camera in hand.......same sense of heaviness as Corey and I got on the plane....of wishing for more.....but trying to embrace what I have.......,my sons are so happy...their wives are beautiful (one is very, very pregnant), and to watch my "boys" with their daughters is truly inexplicable joy......
I am back home now......with two and a half weeks of "nothing".....which I am excited about......EMBRACE THE MOMENT, ABBY......YOU ARE ONE LUCKY WOMAN!

No comments: