Friday, May 4, 2007

MY GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL...

As the old adage goes, your glass is either half full or half empty.....we all know negative people whose glass is not only half empty.......it's totally empty.....nothing seems to be quite good enough.....they always look at the negative side of any situation......it's so emotionally draining to spend time with people who find no joy in life.....I have no patience for it......L
As I grow older, I find it increasingly more important to spend my time with people who "fill their own glasses"......they bring joy to their lives and to that of others.........they help us to fill our glasses if we are going through a struggle.....they revel in our joys and successes........
I have two gorgeous granddaughters one another on the way soon who live in Costa Rica......I am constantly asked.....oh, my goodness....how do you handle that? They are so far away....It must be devastating for you.....My answer to them is simple....I revel in the relationship with my two "beauties" and the unlimited access that my sons and daughters-in-law have granted Gary and I......I realize this is not always the case......especially since I am the mother of two sons......I am so grateful for what I have....for what they give to Gary, Aunt Corey and myself......my children are indeed a blessing........their relationships with one another continue to astound me......their consideration, generosity and outward signs of love are a continuous source of love and joy for me......I know my glass is full..........and for those of you who tend to consider your glass to be half empty, count your blessings and fill that cup up.........

No comments: