Monday, January 5, 2009

Day One without Gary home.....

It had been a wonderful 17 days with Gary home.....not any consulting trips, only one trip to the office.....we bought a new puppy together....Lola, a miniature golden-doodle and we were getting in the "rhythm" of things together. But, alas, all good things must come to an end. He went to work as usual this morning and is now on a plane to Houston. He will fly back Thursday in time for dinner...I hope someone cooks it for us....
Had a better day today....anytime I would get a little down, I would think of all that I had and do my deep breathing.....it's amazing what such a simple exercise does to bring you into the moment. Lola did pretty well today, but I have to keep telling myself she is a puppy.......she will be going to boot camp while we are in Colorado....
Watched the Oprah show today and took a lot away from it. The show mainly dealt with weight loss, but on a deeper level, it dealt with what feeds us emotionally....I felt a sense of calm come over me......
It is raining again this evening, and although I loved sharing those rainy nights with Gary while he was here, the rain is less inviting to me this evening. Maybe that's because I know I will have to take Lola out this evening with an umbrella without Gary volunteering to do it.......I can do this...I know I can. I have the umbrella.....the problem is Lola does not particularly like the rain...oh, well. I will keep you posted......a lot of new reality shows to get involved with this evening.

1 comment:

Todd Cutter, 2Costa Rica Real Estate said...

Keep up the blog...Writing is a great way to understand your thoughts. Sometimes, it just takes a few minutes to get in touch with your feelings, and you will sleep better having done that.

Can't tell you how much we are looking forward to next week, yes next week! The turtle is awaiting the trip, Ana is looking forward to fireplace time, and of course, you know me...give me food, and give me skiiing....Early morning in breakfast with my bib (ski bib, that is), and mid day lunch at the home...Nothing like a meal with family around. just makes everything taste better...

Love you