Monday, January 12, 2009

LOLA'S FIRST DAY OF BOOT CAMP, ET AL

Well, to be honest I had been really looking forward to this morning for about a week. As Lola continued to grow, I could see that she wanted to take my place as "Queen" of the house......I wasn't happy and neither was she. She was constantly more determined than I and I felt in the "throes of defeat"........The vet calls it "puppy teething"......but to be totally honest, it puppy biting, puppy jumping on tables. I was terrified of her, and I could see that she knew it. As I took her to "Boot Camp" this morning armed with three of her "favorite things", I felt a little guilty, but knew this was what I had to do in order to have a "relationship" with this beautiful puppy. One of the trainers took us into his office and asked what "my goals" were. I said do all the training you can do, and find out a way that I can wave a magic wand when I pick her up in three weeks and control her "teething". A few of the technicians there had worked at the clinic where I trained and boarded my last dog, a yellow Lab, Lexie....and they were all so excited about Lola. They have a wonderfully kind and caring staff there, and I left with such a sense of confidence which allowed me then to do four or five necessary errands. Then when I came home, the lonliness for my little "biter" gnawed at me...the house was very lonely. I had no responsibility....I thought I would enjoy it, but I didn't. I forced myself to get some stuff done in the house today and am putting myself in my own "mini boot camp" to get things organized before we leave foro the family ski trip on Thursday. Lola will be my inspiration....if she has to be doing all this work, then I can do something. As a mom, I need to be honest. I want her to be the best student there. I want them all to chant her praises...I certainly hope she doesn't get kp duty or pooper-scooper time......I put my faith in Margaret and her staff and am going to go downstairs and clean her cage out and lysol the floors.......Watch out...Lola and I are in training. I hope Lola wins....

No comments: