Tuesday, January 6, 2009

YEAH FOR MARGARET!!!!!!!!

I will begin by explaining that Margaret is my dog trainer, and my savior.....we went to our obedience school class this morning, Lola, Margaret and myself......I was expecting Lola to be a perfect angel and make me look like an idiot for complaining about her, but to my surprise, she did a lot of the behaviors which I am struggling with. Fortunately Margaret had a plan for anything and everything....Now I have to go home and practice them.....She also told me to get a little sheet of paper and write down her name....Lola Beane and underneath it, write "puppy license", and whenever I am having a hard time with her, just go to my drawer and take the piece of paper out.....She did suggest "boot camp" which we had already decided on....and I said "sign her up"....so she will have two weeks of extensive training and then we'll see what happens when we get back from Colorado to see if she needs another week.......I guess until we are through with all of Lola's training, I will have to cut back on some of my vanities....I'll just have to live with white roots a little longer and the time between manicures and pedicures will just have to be extended. I guess any little cosmetic procedures are "totally out of the question". I do feel better after the lesson, and since it is raining cats and dogs here and is so gloomy outside, I put Lola in her crate and I am going to sneak in a little nap.......through all the gloominess outside, I do see the light.

2 comments:

L. said...

Welcome back, Abby!
Your posts are beautifully written...

Looking forward to more.... : )
xoxo
L.

Unknown said...

Well, I've left a message at the White House Transition Committee explaining that while President Elect Obama is working on a national rescue plan, he can take Cahaba Heights off the list. Abby has stepped in to bolster the economy of this small southern community to keep it from going to the dogs.