Tuesday, January 6, 2009

LOLA VERSUS ABBY. WHO WILL TRIUMPH

Well, it's been a challenging morning to say the least. The trials and tribulations of having a puppy are becoming greater every day. Where did my sweet, docile Lola go? She is showing me another side the last couple days......and it's a little frightening. After I took her out this morning, she came in, ate a little, and then took off on a mad dash making a great circle route around the den and kitchen, probably 6-8 rotations ending up with a jump onto the cocktail table..to the couch...to the table....to the love seat. I just watched in horror and had no idea where to begin in disciplining her.....stepping on the leash didn't help, pulling on the collar had no affect whatsoever......so I tried and old and proven trick. I started to cry a little bit....and she calmed down a little. We are up in my office now as she sleeps innocently curled up on a rug on the floor. I guess her escapades have worn her out. Fortunately we have an 8:30 lesson this morning for doggy obedience......Keep your fingers crossed......and chant with me....She is only a puppy.......

No comments: