Thursday, January 15, 2009

THIS ORGANIZATION STUFF SEEMS TO BE GOOD

I have to tell you that this is the first time that I have ever really been organized for a trip more than twenty-four hours before we leave. All I have left is my shampoo, etc....no jewelry.....no what ifs? How freeing.....I must say watching Gary's face this morning as he saw that not only was I packed, all of the cold gear for "outdoor play" was packed, and a lot of his suitcase was packed......he then started grilling me (in a kind way)...okay, we need to go to the bank, we need to stop the paper and the mail......I very smugly (I admit it...) said.....Calm down...calm down...it's all taken care of.....and then at the same time we both started laughing knowing that this is not necessarily going to be the pattern of the future, but it sure felt good this morning. I talked with all the kids this morning and the excitement is in the air. It is certainly not a bad thing that it looks like it is warmer in Colorado than here in Birmingham.......we'll see how long that lasts, but starting out positively is always a good thing......
Oops. I didn't put the trash out this morning. I knew there was something I forgot..............Talk to you from the mountains......

No comments: