Tuesday, June 5, 2007

DOES VANITY GET TRUMPED BY MY LIMEY!!!!

I am not quite sure how to handle a decision that I made yesterday.......in the midst of getting organized to leave for my spa trip this weekend, I was also planning out my exercise schedule for the rest of the week.....first of all, that is totally bizarre.....I go to the gym in the morning.....what needs to be changed about that....Let me further explain.....I had an appointment this morning at 9:00 a.m. to have my hair colored (and might I say, it really needs it......the white is coming out everywhere!!!)......I knew Martha and I would be working out with Blake at 7 this morning and then a quick trip to the Y to do some cardio......which would take me close to 9:00.....sounds like I could make it, right????? Am I leaving anything out.....of course I am......MY MORNING BIKE RIDE.........dare I give up the ride this morning and get out of my newly established pattern? It will be too hot later and I am trying to stay out of the sun at peak hours or else I need to slather sun screen on to my newly exfoliated retin-a'd skin......I am trying to avoid further sun spots....not sure how to get rid of the 10,000 that I already have.....vanity is now under the category of "sun safety".......
Where was I? I got off the subject.....but now I remember.....my morning bike ride....should I sacrific it.......I gave myself the answer.....a resounding "NO WAY".....I proceeded to call my salon and cancelled my 9:00 a.m. appointment......
People might snicker when I go to the gym today and as I begin to sweat the white roots stand out even more......but I will persevere.....this journey of mine is taking me to new motivations.......I can always put on a baseball cap or use a scarf or something.......so my plans were confirmed last night....7:00 a.m. with Martha and Blake, 8:00 with Martha at the Y for some cardio and at 9:00 on the trail with Limey.........I feel at peace with that........
I guess I need to go get ready to start my day.....Gary got home late..late...late last night....it's wonderful to have him home so we can have a few days together until Corey and I leave for Arizona.....I get dinners cooked for me......we will probably do a few evening rides on the trail together.....I feel great as I see and hear his excitement over my biking adventures.......
Oh....and before I go, did I mention that I rescheduled my hair color appointment to 11:00 this morning.........I just had to do some rearranging......."vanity" is a badge that I wear proudly........

No comments: