Saturday, June 2, 2007

IF I ONLY HAD A MAGIC WAND.........

If I only had a magic wand, I think I might be a little cheerier this dismal Saturday morning at 5:30 a.m. Weekends without Gary are always hard, and this one is shaping up to be no different.......I was planning on some good bicycle rides this weekend, but as of yesterday, my new bike, the trek limee, has not come in yet.....the air outside is anything less than amenable for a long walk, a bike ride or even a swimming session......the forecast is grim.....a little sun, maybe....a lot overcast.....probably......and a small chance of a little rain....minimal.....it would truly be a great day for a downpour....it would force me to stay inside and address some cleaning issues in my house which never seem to go away......but as long as there is a chance of doing one of my more "exciting" activities, I won't break out the mop, the swiffer, or the duster for the shutters.......if only I could just see my two lovies, Maya and Liana, just for a quick lunch and then over to Overton Park.....if only I could wave my wand and make all of my children better....(all are under the weather with different maladies....all minor, but as a mother, I know my presence would make them better (who am I kidding?).....if the paper delivery would be earlier on Saturday, I could be doing my crossword puzzle.
Gratefully, I have learned that there is no such thing as a magic wand......luckily, my wishes are real, yet highly trivial.....my day will be fine.....I will exercise, do a little cleaning and revel in the fact that a week from today Corey and I are going to Canyon Ranch Spa for a glorious week........
If only I had a magic wand, I would take all of you with me.......

No comments: