Sunday, June 3, 2007

WHERE IS THIS ENERGY COMING FROM.......

I don't know how to explain it. I am in no special sort of training for anything specific......actually Martha, my workout partner left town Friday afternoon, so she wasn't there to push me on........I went to the gym yesterday and did more than an hour of cardio and really pushed myself on resistance and incline.....then I picked up my bike.....my new lime bike is wonderful......I had an odometer put on it and a water bottle holder......got a great looking gray helmet........did not purchase any biking clothes (yet).......and of course my limey has a lime bell ringer......
This morning I went to the gym to meet Blake....I was early so I put in 20 minutes on the elliptical before he came....then did a good chest, back and interval workout, then went to the Y and did 80 minutes of cardio and then to the bike trail where I rode 7 miles.....I would have gone longer....but my quads were starting to talk to me......I really have a lot of energy left....but am forcing myself to stay home this afternoon......
as I try and analyze this...I have a few ideas of what's going on here.....first I have come to the realization (and it might be false) that my wrist is not going to get any better than it is now....I go through pain-free periods and then it hits me again......nothing horrible...but certainly uncomfortable.....maybe I am seeing what my body is capable of doing in some new and different ways....and that is enabling me to be so energetic......my bike riding is definitely addicting....and I hope to get some of my friends....Laurie and Carol...to get a bike too so that I can share this new adventure with them......If they are reading this....take the hint, girlies.
I am also aware that I am taking in less sugar......my cookie binges have disasppeared and been replaced by an occasional extra Weight Watcher ice cream bar.....maybe my diet is better.....aside from my watching my portion control.....
Oh.....I just thought of something.....yes, this is definitely the answer....what was I thinking...or should I say, not thinking!!!!
Corey and I are leaving for Canyon Ranch Spa this Saturday for a full week of any type of exercise possible.....instructional or not......private lessons or group...hiking, biking, yoga, pilates, water aerobics, meditation, great food...not to mention all of the spa treatments that we get to take advantage of....the spa lady called and advised me I had signed up for too many "exfoliiation" treatments...and I needed to add some restoring treatments.....whatever they want to do to me is fine.I'm always ready to be rubbed and buffed........I am getting so excited......I have been wanting to do this for the past twenty years.....and I really couldn't justify spending the money....and now to do it with my daughter, Corey.....it doesn't get better....we are both very fortunate........she can hardly speak...she is so excited and doesn't know how she is going to work for five days....but she'll find a way......
You know I have a new theory as to where my energy is coming from.......there's a lot of love going on in my family.....I am blessed to have so many people who care about me and who love me unconditionally!!!!!! I'll let you know when I crash later and have to take a nap.......don't snicker....naps are good for you.......until we meet again........

No comments: