Wednesday, June 20, 2007

WE COULD HAVE HAD TEN MORE MINUTES......

with Nelson, a charming customer representative at Verizon Wireless had we known that when Grammie and I got to the movie theater ten minutes late, we still had to sit through at least ten more minutes of previews. Grammie picked me up early to help me drop my car off near the Galleria.......so with time on our hands, we rushed to the Verizon store for some much-needed assistance with her new phone and 'BLUETOOTH'.....la-ti-da.........Dave thought it sounded like she was in a tunnel, I thought the quality was a little tinny and Laurie heard a lot of static......well, Nelson came to the rescue......if you know Grammie, you know she likes to be thorough, and Nelson knew just what to do to satisfy her every question....and one more thing, Nelson......not to worry.....I can fix that for you......but can I just try it out, Nelson......of course you can. Grammie didn't trust herself hearing the sound, so she gave me the phone and Nelson had the bluetooth and we were having conversations within the store.....testing, testing, can you hear me, Nelson.......as comical as it was, it was also a much appreciated and rarely seen example of GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.......no rush......no pressure to buy anything else........very unusual, very rare, and very LOVELY.......Nelson could definitely be our friend.....I presumptiously asked Nelson if he spoke spanish......what possessed me to do this, I don't know, but he pointed out two other employees who were both fluent (I guess in case he thought I wanted to speak spanish).....I could see Grammie looking a little perturbed as to why I asked him.....and goodness only knows why............as we got in the car and rushed to the theater, we couldn't stop talking about Nelson and how we would always come back to this particular location when we needed service........as we waited at the theater and watched our 'chick flick' "Waitress"........our thoughts went to Nelson again and we knew even the movie was so-so, we had found a friend at Verizon who we will definitely see again.......adios

2 comments:

L. said...

OK....so the deal was that you were going to title your post: "Ten More Minutes With Nelson"...remember?

He was a good guy and I am sure that I will be seeing more of him in the future as my #$@*&!# blue tooth (why do they call it that?) still has some static.

Fun afternoon, Abby.
Love ya! : )

Corey said...

Glad to see that you two are having fun together. Laur - if it makes you feel better, I could not get my blue tooth to work well either :-)