Wednesday, June 6, 2007

SOME SERIOUS THOUGHTS AND WHAT THEY DEMAND!!!!

A break from my "It's all about me" blog......I was watching the Oprah show yesterday where controversial film director, Michael Moore (infamous for his film documentaries "Bowling for Columbine" and "Fahrenheit 911") was on to promote the upcoming release of his new film, "SICKO".........before I go any further, let me say that Michael Moore is not known for his "tact"....he is known for raising the ire of the public while he brings up controversial issues.......he does this for a reason.....he brings media attention to some issues which frankly need media attention.....big business does not need to be sweeping these problems under the carpet....the media has no problem covering Paris, et al to an ad nauseum stage....Paris will emerge from her 24 jailhouse blues days even more of a superstar who will receive more on-air time than before.....I think Michael Moore is a hero....he has put himself under FBI investigation.....,there are hotlines for insurance companies in case anyone calls with inquiries about his movie, due to be released on June 29......He receives threats from government agencies...and why? He is exposing the "insurance companies" for their severe failures in taking care of the U.S. population......I just watched a few small trailers of the film, and I was so taken aback, I was ready to ride my bicycle to Washington and join his protest....
but immediately realized that was a bad idea for many reasons....
I am one of those "lucky" people who has insurance and who never really gives this a second thought....until I watched yesterday as seven people who 'WERE INSURED' who developed serious illnesses and were denied so many aspects of coverage that we assume that we have.......do we all read our insurance policies.....I confess "NO"...
I am glad that my awareness has been raised....did you know that the U.S. is 37th in ranking of health care to their people.........behind Costa Rica (ironic for me, isn't it?).........I look forward to seeing 'SICKO'........I want to take my head out of the sand........I have had a keen awareness of the plight of those who are uninsured......shouldn't everyone in the U.S. have a right to be insured.......insurance companies are my new target to read about.......for those who are uninsured and for those of us who may mistakenly think we are "safe" with our converage....

1 comment:

L. said...

I concur, totally.

Now, start riding that cute, little Limey up to Washington, Girlie!

Love ya!